Saturday, September 5, 2009

Things That Bug Me -- Soccer Parents Childish Behavior - From December 08, 2008

I really hate unsportsmanlike behavior, especially from parents of my players. We had a lady today who after our girls beat the team that was expected to beat us (older kids from same school), she went over and gloated to one of the players she knew. Her own daughter called her behavior bogus. It went beyond that, it was childish, unsportsmanlike and in her case hypocritical. I say that because in the past she would complain about parents on other teams that would do it and now that her daughter is on a team that is winning she does the same thing. But she did not see anything wrong with her behavior. In the opinion of most of the parents she was an embarrassment, not only to the team, the coaches and the parents, but to her daughter and herself whether she believes it or not. She needs to grow up and act like an adult she would want her daughter to become, not someone that she would not like.

For all of you athletic parents who get ballistic at games and cause problems or embarrass your children, GROW UP IDIOTS! Sports games are about competition, team work AND SPORTMANLIKE BEHAVIOR. I know Winning isn't everything but losing sucks, but winning with unsportsmanlike behavior is Worse. When I have parents behave like this, I AM ASHAMED to be a participant in any sports programs. Unfortunately they are not ashamed of their behavior, but they should be. If I get another chance to discuss her behavior, I will personally tell her that most of the parents would rather she did not show up anymore. She embarrasses them with her behavior. Yes lr, it is you I am talking about. But she won't get it, those kind never do.

Just another thing in the list that irritates the tar out of me.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment