Saturday, October 17, 2009

Children in Charge that piss me off

If this pisses off people - I don't care, it affects my wife's  physical and mental health so I am spouting off.  If you don't like it, call me and we can have a heated discussion about freedom of speech.

It's cold and flu season, and my wife is showing symptoms of the flu.  Which is bad enough, to make matters worse, she works with a pregnant girl, and to top it off the company sent a memo down saying to stay home if you have flu symptoms.  But she has to work, because her boss can't (God Forbid) work a double because she has plans......(you kid, had to get married young, getting divorced....enough said).  My wife keeps hearing garbage about not pulling her weight, or attitude.  If these are true (which I doubt) it is because of the leadership she has had lately.   For example, if she was to close the store, or end a shift, without cleaning up after herself, she would get her butt chewed, yet her boss (this is today's incident....one of many) leaves the moment her relief shows up leaving empty racks on the floor, trash in the store areas, and a note, that the people after her need to make sure the mess is cleaned up before the new manager starts training on Monday.  And if it doesn't get done, it won't be the fault of the person who didn't do her job and clean up in the first place, it will be the fault of her babysitters for not picking up after "Baby" (my new name for her...).  Anything that happens, "Baby" does her best to lay the blame off on her subordinates, even when it is something she has done.  One of the subordinates politely warned her that a customer was complaining about "Baby", her response was, that she had received complaints about the subordinate.  Unfortunately for "Baby", two customers are planning on complaining to "Babies" boss about her snotty and arrogant attitude towards them as customers....Karma is coming around.  This is just some of the stuff that irritates me that she does.  I am almost to the point where even though we need the money, I may let her quit, because working in a hostile environment is no good no matter what the pay.

Something to think about when you deal with subordinates.

No comments:

Post a Comment